Friday, August 24, 2007

the manuscript has wings

just so we can all rest easy, the manuscript for the following tome:

Howson, R. and Smith, K. (eds.). (2008). Hegemony: Studies in Consensus and Coercion. Routledge. New York

today put itself in a brown padded envelope and took flight to the big apple. i think i shed a tear as all 365 pages, 101 000 words (about 20, 000 of which are mine), got put to bed. finally.
or until some pedantic copy editor writes me an email asking me to clarify my concept of the symbolic order.

i nearly lost the plot yesterday when i discovered that i had copied the old version of chapter thirteen over the new version of chapter thirteen and had to get up at 5am to redo it this morning.

but now its done. lets hope the thesis follows suit soon.

the celebrating
k xx

5 comments:

Denise said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations on the manuscript being DONE. I think I would have lost the plot totally about the overwritten chapter - have done that sort of thing with graphics files, and it just makes you want to weep, and smash the computer with your forehead.

You deserve knitting time this weekend :D

Georgie said...

Woohoo! Congratulations, youve worked just so hard on this. Howson and Smith....nice ring to it. Well done.

Jo said...

ummmm, 'Smith and Howson!' Sounds better. Now, get back to that thesis.

Fernicle said...

Hurrah! Well done Kylie! A huge feather in your cap that one. You should feel most proud. I hope that you celebrated in whatever way you saw fit, such an achievement certainly deserves a ceremony! I am back from prague and packing for paris but will check in again with the blog when I return next week. Remember, the thesis should be easy now!
xxxx

Fernicle said...

I have just seen the wrap - hot damn girl you can knit! That is absolutely beautiful! I would love to see a pic with it on you though :) xxx